Celcom Mobile Broadband | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, June 04, 2007

Celcom Mobile Broadband

Today, I called up Celcom to ask about their mobile broadband packages. Even though I am their prepaid user, it does not bring me any advantage. Even though I am a Telekom Streamyx user, I do not gain any benefit as well. I was told that if the Streamyx bill is under my name, I could take the package that cost MYR88 per month. But hell, not only is the bill NOT under my name, the address is not the address shown on my MyKad either. Hence, my previous post Utility Woes.

However, I was told that they are currently having a promotion which will end at the end of this month, where if we buy a 3G data card from Celcom at the price of MYR999, we will have the first four months of mobile broadband usage FREE.

Subsequent months will be MYR99 per month.

I just asked my friend though. He said that it would be cheaper if I were to transfer the telephone and Streamyx bills, which are currently under my mother's name and address, to my one name and address, and then migrate my prepaid mobile line to postpaid, where I will be getting a free mobile phone, and then buy a Nokia mobile phone that can act as a modem as well.

By using a Nokia, which he is also using so he is telling me from his own user experience, I could get online from my mobile phone or connect to my PC or laptop.

By the way, as a Streamyx user, I could then qualify for their RM88 per month package. Errmm.... let me think about it though I know my dad will be damn happy to get the Motorola, his favourite brand, for free! Gah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment