A Minute of Silence, Please | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Minute of Silence, Please

I received the sad news that my buddy has succumbed to cancer this morning at 1.50am. Although I've already known of his very weak condition, it is still not easy to accept the death of a good friend, who was only 39 years old.

I've known him since the late 2002. He was travelling all over the world in the course of his work, but always made it a point to keep in touch, knowing that I'm stuck in my hometown.

I am very appreciative of that and regret not being able to keep in touch as often as I should. However, he was always in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't know, it's not easy for me to talk to someone who is suffering from illness. I never ask him, "How are you?" because what sort of reply can I expect? And he can't bring himself to say that he's fine, because that would be lying, and to tell me of all his aches and pains, would have spoilt both our moods.

Our conversations were mostly on food, the latest movies, Malaysian Idol 1 and internet business. The 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle) and the environment were also topics close to his heart.

He put me to shame when even on his worst days, he could still crack jokes to cheer me up when the slightest things made me feel down. His words of encouragement shall never be forgotten.

Through Astro's programme, Ku Mohon, he managed to inspire so many people across the country and even overseas. He made us all stop in our tracks and think how lucky we are, eventhough our day may be rotten or life may seem sucky. He showed a very strong side of himself, and only people close to him know what his true thoughts and feelings were.

I was one of the very few people fortunate enough to have an insight of his most private thoughts.

Memories of him will always be cherished because he was a very special friend who has a special place in my heart.

Boon, no doubt, it was an amazing adventure for you, yet it was also a very long and tiring journey; may you rest in peace, my friend.

P/S: It even hurts to delete your contact number from my cellphone ;-(

2 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

My sympathies...

May he rest in peace...

CS LEE said...

kolian..

maybe you should blog about him, write down your memory in your blog while still fresh. when time past + we getting busy, we might forgot somethings.. maybe just write about his life..

i missed my friends who past away last year.. i will blog about them someday..

Post a Comment