I Need To Be More Independent | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, October 18, 2010

I Need To Be More Independent

Many years ago, a friend asked me a question. He said that if I were to go to a public toilet, and assuming that all the cubicles were empty and clean, which one would I choose. Would I enter the first available cubicle or would I walk to the end cubicle?

I don't remember what my answer was and if I answer this question again, my answer may be different from years ago, but according to my friend, I am someone who is not independent. According to him, there are two types of women; big women and small women. And he wasn't talking about size.

Big women are women who are independent, forceful and always know how to have their own way. Small women, on the other hand, are people who are dependent, who need people to make decisions for them and always get bullied. According to him, based on my reply to his earlier quiz, I am a "small woman".

I have to say that even though I was skeptical about his quiz at first, there is no denying that I am "small" and I need to change that! I am bullied way too often, even at home! Perhaps it is the way that I am brought up that I am not independent. I have to start looking out for myself, starting NOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment