History A Compulsory Subject From 2013 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

History A Compulsory Subject From 2013

It's quite shocking to read in the news that History will be a compulsory subject from 2013 and it is a must-pass paper to obtain the SPM certificate. HHmm I remember that during my time, we had groupings, Geography and History were in a group. We had to pass either one only.

I wonder what happens to Geography if History is "must-pass"? Will it be neglected by students? Which subject is more important, actually? How will History help us in our daily work live when we leave school? I know that it did nothing to me. The same goes for Geography.

In contrast, as working adults, current affairs are the most important. We have to keep abreast with the latest news. Granted, it is said that History shapes our future and we have to "learn from History" so as not to commit the same mistakes but how true is this? Pity the students who have to not only sit for History but to pass it and pass it with a good grade. Pity my children, if I have them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment