Birthday Wishlist 2010 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birthday Wishlist 2010

It's my birthday next month and a friend asked me what I would like to have for my birthday. He is thinking of getting me a smart phone, which I already have, not one, but TWO so I am not keen.

He says that the smart phone that he has in mind is different and that it would help me a lot, especially when I travel. At least I wouldn't need to carry my laptop, which even though is only 12in, is relatively heavy. He doesn't know that the kind of work that I do, even when I travel, requires a high speed system. It's certainly not something that can be done on a phone, particularly not on a fancy phone, smart though it may be.

Frankly, for the money that one is spending on that kind of phone, I would rather it is used more usefully, like buy gold for me. I think that it would be a whole lot more practical and over time, gold will appreciate in value, while the value of a smart phone will only depreciate. Well, unless it's an antique smart phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment