I <3 Kim Jae Wook!!! [Coffee Prince - 2007 Korean Drama] | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I <3 Kim Jae Wook!!! [Coffee Prince - 2007 Korean Drama]

I just finished watching Coffee Prince, the 2007 Korean drama which is also known as The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince. Oddly, it has a total of 17 episodes. Actually, there were 16 only but the producers decided to extend it by one more episode due to the popularity of the drama. No wonder the last episode was a little misplaced.

It's funny that watching Coffee Prince for the first few episodes, I thought that Go Eun Chan looked pretty familiar but I couldn't place her. I can't stand people who eat with "slurp" sounds so her character was difficult to watch AT FIRST.

Yoon Eun Hye played Go Eun Chan. She is actually the princess in Goong. My, a different hairstyle and dressing make such a huge difference to someone's looks. Did you know that she was paid 20 million Won per episode? That's US$15,000 per episode! That's the highest paycheck Korean actors draw to date. I think she is so far the only female to hit the "20 million Won club".

The sad thing is that Yoon Eun Hye suffers from a sickness which could lead her to a premature death. Poor thing.

The drama got better subsequently. The male lead, Gong Yoo, is not exactly good looking but as Choi Han Kyul, he was certainly very cute and endearing. And gosh, HIS BODY. LOL!! Gong Yoo actually had a minor part in My Tutor Friend, a Korean movie that I watched sometime back. I don't remember him but I guess it's time to dig out my VCD to see how he was four years ago before Coffee Prince.

The most outstanding actor in the drama, in looks, is Kim Jae Wook who carried the character, Noh Sun Ki. He's the perfect male specimen! There isn't much information of him on the web except that he started his career as a model, unsurprisingly, and that he was born on April 2, 1983.

For these princes, who in the drama were actually waiters at a cafe named Coffee Prince, this drama gave them a major breakthrough. I haven't watched Coffee Prince Special, though, and am looking forward to it tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment