Sikh Festival of Sports 2011 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, June 10, 2011

Sikh Festival of Sports 2011

I attended the Sikh Festival of Sports opening ceremony a couple of days ago at Stadium Azlan Shah in Ipoh. However, I went a tad earlier than I should so I found it to be boring and didn't stay too long to wait for the arrival of HRH Sultan Azlan Shah. There was a fireworks display at the end of the ceremony too which I also gave a miss. My friend told me that it starts at 4pm when it should be 6pm. Bleh...

For those of you who are interested to see Punjabi play sports, you can leave me a comment if you don't know the games schedule. There are five different games played and these are played at various venues in Ipoh. It's quite a big do, actually, and the Sikhs are very proud that they are the only community to hold their own sports meet in Malaysia and Singapore. Commendable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment