Bumping Into An Old Friend | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bumping Into An Old Friend

I bumped into an old friend a couple of days ago, totally unexpectedly. We have never seen each other almost 20 years but I still recognise her, even though she doesn't recognise me at all. It's funny, just when I thought that i didn't change because another girl could recognise me from afar and kept waving at me just a week ago.

I think that the ability to recognise someone after a great length of time depends on the sharpness of one's mind. I could be wrong, though. Anyway, we had a short chat and promised to keep in touch but I know that we won't. It simply has been too long and we have different lives, different interests now and simply no time or room for people who once made up a part of our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment