Dry Cell Car Battery | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, October 08, 2010

Dry Cell Car Battery

It's true that when it rains, it pours. Right after seeing my printer died and having to get a new one, my car battery died. The embarrassing thing is that it died right after shopping and I couldn't start the car to drive home. I had to get two chaps to help to push the car and I was lucky that it managed to start and I was able to drive home.

People say that old cars give problems but this is not really a problem that came about because the car is old. It could happen to any car whose battery has outlived its life span, right? My car, though old, hasn't really given me problems after the initial stripping which cost me a few thousand bucks.

Now, I have replaced the battery with a dry cell car battery, paying RM150 for it. It's covered with one year warranty. See, before this, it was still using the old car battery that needs to refill with battery water every now and then. According to the battery man, the dead battery was already 2.5 years old.

Oh well, I hope I have a chance to consolidate some funds before my desktop computer gives up. I'm still holding on to it for as long as possible!

4 comments:

Alvinator said...

I assume your car is manual transmission? For car with auto transmission, battery is very important. I can't recall anyone i know managed to jump/push start their auto transmission car with a dead battery.

Em said...

Oh yes, it's manual transmission. I'm not smooth in changing gears. HEHEHE. SIGH!

Alvinator said...

Practice makes perfect. Just like cycling. You don't have to tell your body to balance on both wheels.

You will be thankful one day that you will have no problem driving any car. Be it auto or manual.

Em said...

Thanks for your encouragement and support. Sometimes I feel so stupid. LOL

Post a Comment