REACTOR Watches | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, September 17, 2010

REACTOR Watches

My friend, Warren, who is a luxury watch enthusiast, and who earlier recommended Vacheron Constantin watches to me, told me to check out REACTOR watches. Well, I am not someone who like watches all that much. I mean I do like them but I don't like paying for them. I am someone who wears RM10 plastic watches, you see.

Anyway, from my random surfing, my jaw nearly dropped that the average retail price is USD500 +/- which is about RM1600 +/-. No doubt USD has weakened a lot over the past two years but it's still slightly more than three times Ringgit.

But according to my friend, a Seiko Dive watch is even more expensive, even after discount, and it's not bulletproof. REACTOR watches are bulletproof but why would anyone want a bulletproof watch? If someone were to kill another person with a gun, would he aim at the wrist and not the heart?

My friend cited a few examples of brand name watches in this range but I still think that it's crazy to buy a watch at that price. I am already thinking left and right about buying a "standard" specification desktop computer at this price! And to think that a computer is productive while a watch is not. Well, unless one gets hit by a live bullet on the wrist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment