Keeping An Eye On Job Vacancies | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, September 17, 2010

Keeping An Eye On Job Vacancies

Last week, in conjunction with Eid holiday, I visited a few friends and attended their open houses. I have not seen these friends for a long time and it seems like for the past few years since leaving school, I have only seen them ONCE a year. I know, it's bad, but then we are all busy with our own lives. My friends already have their own families so I feel as if we don't have too many things in common anymore.

One of my friends told me that she recently lost her job after the factory that she works in closed down. I didn't ask but it sounds like the company is only one of the victims of the sluggish economy. My friend told me that she isn't in the right frame of mind to look for a job yet, what with the festivity and school holidays but will start her job search probably later this month.

My friend has worked in production jobs since leaving school so she hopes that she will again secure a similar job. She isn't too keen to learn a new job because she prefers familiarity. Well, I'll keep an eye for her and hope that she will be able to secure a new job soon. It’s not easy for the family to live on a single income.

0 comments:

Post a Comment