Luxury Watch Collector | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Luxury Watch Collector

While I am a collector, I collect cheap things like coins and stamps. In contrast, I have a friend who loves to collect luxury watches like Ulysse Nardin Macho Palladium. Well, I love it too, but I will never be able to afford one.

I asked my friend why he likes to collect so many watches. He already has quite a few and I figured that a good watch can last a pretty long time and by then, the designs of the watches in his collection would be out-dated.

My friend said that he invests money in watches like how people invest in cars. These people derive pleasure looking at their collection even if they don't have as much opportunity to wear all the watches, or drive all the cars. Yet, just looking at them would make the collector very happy. Ah, I certainly understand the feeling! It's just that I derive pleasure in collecting cheaper stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment