Happy Mid-Autumn Festival | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

Yes, that's what I would like to wish all my readers on this auspicious day. Whether you call it Mid-Autumn Festival, Moon Festival, Harvest Festival or even Mooncake Festival (if you are Malaysian), this day is still observed on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month in the Chinese calendar. In Chinese, it is called 中秋节 (zhōnɡ qiū jié).

This festival is rather significant in a religious point of view where some Chinese people would pray to the Moon Goddess on the night before the actual day, where the moon is supposed to be the fullest and roundest in the entire year. It has been a long time since my family prayed to the Moon Goddess. We used to do it but somehow, the tradition has been discontinued. The only way that we are observing this special day is by stuffing ourselves with mooncakes and ground nuts.

Last night, I had wanted to go somewhere to shoot some photos of people observing this Chinese Festival, maybe a public event or something, but I had no idea where to go and so I stayed home. LOL How did you celebrate it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment