Gold Jewelry Collection | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, September 10, 2010

Gold Jewelry Collection

My late grandmother and her daughter, who is no longer with us as well, used to love collecting gold jewelry. I find that rather strange since both don't wear jewelry except for a necklace and jade pendant. They wore that for years, while the gold jewelries were kept in a safe deposit box for safe keeping.

My cousin, who inherited the box of jewelry, told me that he wants to sell off most of the jewelries so that he has a lump sum of money that he could use to invest in something more viable. He told me that the jeweler did not give him a good price and it would have been a better investment if they had bought rare gold coins instead of gold jewelry.

Well, I guess after so many years, the designs of the jewelry are already old fashioned, that's why they cannot command a price. Moreover, I think that even if they were not worn, they are considered second hand. That's very unfortunate. I told my cousin that if he can't get a good price, it would be better for him to just keep the jewelry and pass them to his children next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment