Can Nicol David Lift Her Fifth World Squash Open Crown? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, September 17, 2010

Can Nicol David Lift Her Fifth World Squash Open Crown?

Although I am not a big fan of squash or any other sports for the matter, I am rooting for Nicol David to lift her fifth World Squash Open crown. Yes, it's because she is Malaysian and it's also because I grew up reading about all her squash exploits in the papers and it feels as if I know her even though I don't.

The women’s World Open squash tournament is being held at Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt and if Nicol wins, she will equal Australia’s Sarah Fitz-Gerard, winning five World Open titles. Can Nicol do it? I tell you, she is a real surprise package.

It is a pity that squash is not included in the Olympics. If it was, Nicol will surely win a gold medal to add to her slew of titles to become an "all rounder". It's too bad that I think squash is given recognition in the Olympics, Nicol may have retired by then.

Anyway, I am looking forward to watch the games, especially the finals on 22nd Sept, 2010. Will Nicol feature in it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment