Appealing An SSDI Denial | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Appealing An SSDI Denial

I lost touch with a friend for some months recently but later found out that it was because she was hospitalized. She was in an auto accident, having suffered a stroke as she was driving. Yes, it sounds very scary, isn't it? It was so unexpected as she has always been healthy. Anyway, to cut the story short, she spent a long time at the hospital and even though now she has been discharged, she has to rest at home and cannot work. I wonder if she will ever work again.

Her husband helped her to apply for social security disability insurance from the Social Security Administration (SSA) but it was denied. I don't understand why even though on paper, she qualifies for it since she paid her taxes. From what I read, a high percentage of people get their application for SSDI denied and a high percentage of those that are approved waited a long time for that outcome.

My friend related all these to me and she is quite bitter that she has to go through all these just to get her hands on benefits she qualifies for and deserves at this point in her life. I feel so disturbed by this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment