1Malaysia Free Milk Programme | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, September 16, 2010

1Malaysia Free Milk Programme

I read with interest the 1Malaysia free milk programme as was announced by the Prime Minister in Sabah today in conjunction with Malaysia Day which is expected to begin next month. The milk will be supplied by Sabah.

This programme will benefit school children nationwide from Year 1 to Year 6. It reminds me of my primary school days but while the programme only benefited children from poor families back then, as far as I could remember, this one looks like it would benefit ALL children. Or have I misunderstood?

During my time, and I wonder when this programme stopped and why, a lot of my friends were very happy to receive free cartons of milk every month or was it twice a month. I am not sure but I know that they were very happy to get the milk for free. Imagine if there were a few primary school children in a family, how many packs of milk they get!

My parents didn't sign us up for the programme, or the free school books programme, because they told us that we shouldn't deprive other children from poor families, these things which they could afford. But then, I do see a lot of children from well to do families taking advantage of these programmes too, without shame.

But this programme is good. The Government is spending RM4 million on it for a start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment