Conflicting Replies From Maxis Customer Service | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Conflicting Replies From Maxis Customer Service

As mentioned in my previous post, I have subscribed to Maxi Broadband last evening to take advantage of Merdeka Promotion. I am thinking of switching my 3G mobile internet since paying RM98 monthly for my Celcom Advance is getting to be burdensome.

However, when i called up Maxis customer service last night, I was told that they don't advise people to access the internet from mobile phones since there may be additional charges outside of the package that I am subscribed to. of course I was shocked since as far as I know, there is only one mobile broadband package of various bandwidths.

So after getting that call, I asked a few friends who use Maxis broadband. They told me that there is no such thing and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Unconvinced, I call up Maxis again and spoke to another customer service staff.

According to her, while Maxis does not offer support to most mobile phone models, they do support some HTC models. And the reason Maxis does not advise users of Maxis broadband to access the internet from mobile phone is not because of additional charges but because of technical reasons, which means that if we experience slow browsing or frequent disconnection, it is not the fault of Maxis.

Anyway, i guess I would have to make a trip to Maxis office to find out in-depth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment