Hospice & Palliative Care In Ipoh, Perak | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, July 02, 2010

Hospice & Palliative Care In Ipoh, Perak

My aunt, who is suffering from cancer, I have no idea what stage as it is too sensitive to ask, is currently seeking medical treatment in University Hospital in Petaling Jaya. She has been warded for many weeks now. According to my uncle, who is my aunt's eldest brother, my aunt has to be on medication that costs RM500 per bottle and she has to be administered with one bottle daily.

The thing is, the doctors are going to discharge her soon, we have no idea why since she is so, so weak, she couldn't even get out from the bed by herself. Perhaps she no longer response to medical treatment, perhaps they are washing their hands off her. In any case, they want her out, though my aunt is appealing against their decision, but if she is discharged, my aunt would need hospice or palliative care when she is home in Ipoh.

The problem is that my aunt is a government pensioner and although she qualifies for free health care, there is no "free" palliative care for patients like her. When she comes home, there would be so much more expenses to incur. Headache.

0 comments:

Post a Comment