Blanking Out Death Is Like Blanking Out God | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blanking Out Death Is Like Blanking Out God

I know I am a little morbid over the past week. Well, I guess blogging is my form of therapy in dealing with death in the family. My aunt was a Roman Catholic and we gave her a funeral according to her religion.

During the morning service which the Rev. Father preceded over, he told us that to deny that death is part of life, to blank it out of our minds because it is too painful, is like denying the existence of God. How true. God is the almighty and if He says that one is to leave this world at a specific date and time, then there is nothing that one could do.

My aunt, as mentioned in an earlier post, was only 64 and we all wanted her to stay long enough to see her son graduate from university but she couldn't wait. Even though we KNOW that death is not something that we could avoid, we are still very sad when it happens. Sigh, we mere mortals are really useless, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment