Singapore Coins | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Singapore Coins

When I left Singapore and returned to Malaysia, I tried to change back all my Singapore dollars and notes into Ringgit. Unfortunately, I didn't know that we would not be getting market value for our coins and I was left with quite a few of them. You know, when you take the MRT, you can get a $1 refund on the ticket and I claimed back quite a few tickets prior to my departure. I should have used all the coins before leaving because I would only get MYR1.50 per SDG1 coin!

I gave my friend all the Singapore coins before I came back to Ipoh. I didn't even calculate how much there were. Frankly, I prefer to buy gold coins and keep. At least I would not only get my value's worth but also there is plenty of room for investment gain.

Anyway, according to my friend, every currency exchanger is the same and that I should have spent most of my coins before leaving the country. He should have told me earlier. Oh well, it has been such a long time that I have traveled out of the country. Now I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment