Reliving ABBA | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reliving ABBA

My friend text me the other day telling me that he really likes the new version of ABBA's S.O.S. by Peter Cetera and Ronna Reeves. Peter Cetera, I have always enjoyed his songs because I just like his voice but Ronna Reeves, I have to admit that I have never heard of her before. Heck, I don't listen to Country music, anyway. Besides, I have not tuned in to the radio since I became addicted to the internet.

Anyway, he told me that the easiest way to listen to the new version of S.O.S. by Peter Cetera and Ronna Reeves, not so new already, actually, is to look for it on YouTube. I did, and you know, I ended up rediscovering ABBA. The Swedish band that was so hot back in the 1970s.

Actually, ABBA was not a band that was popular back in my time. I grew up with people like Michael Jackson and NKOTB, not ABBA, but I have always liked their kind of music. My, there are so many ABBA songs on YouTube that I could singalong with.

The funny thing about ABBA is that some of their song titles are so weird. Perhaps it's this quirkiness that makes the songs stick in our mind for such a long time. Mamma Mia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment