Relearning To Drive | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Relearning To Drive

I am trying to learn to drive a car again now that I have my own car. It has been years since I sat behind the wheels. Although I did not learn to drive and take my driving test as soon as I turned 16 years old, I did sit for my driving test a few years later. But even though I passed my highway code and on the road tests without a problem, I was not able to drive soon after getting my driving license.

I couldn't drive my father's car because it was difficult to handle for me. Moreover, I always had this fear that I would wreck it and my father would end up not only not having the use of the car, but also poorer by a few hundred bucks, or even thousands.

Now that I have my own smaller car, I can drive it as and when I like, only after I am competent to be on the road with it. This doesn't mean that I will be wrecking it on purpose but at least if something goes wrong that causes the car to be hospitalized, at least I only have myself to blame.

Even though I do have my driving license, because it has been such a long time, I am very rusty driving a car. I know that people say that once you know how, you know how automatically. Well, I guess it is because of the short period of time that I drove a car, I didn't have the know-how ingrained in me yet.

So right now, I am learning about an hour a day with my father sitting next to me, just like a learner driver. I don't mind learning again but I hope that I will graduate under my father soon. Right now, he says that I handle the car as if I am dragon dancing. Errrkkk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment