Credit Counseling Needed | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Credit Counseling Needed

My cousin is really hopeless. I say so even though he is older than I am and shouldn't be disrespectful but then respect is earned and not given. Recently, the family had to pool their savings to help him settle an old credit card debt because he was no longer about to take the pressure of being chased for payment. The amount is not big but it pains me to see how his parents used their life savings on something like this.

I understand that my cousin still owes a few banks no thanks to the way he abused and misused his credit cards over the years. I think that credit card consolidation would help him but he says that he can manage. I don't think so, when his repayment of interests alone exceeds his income.

Frankly, I think he's in desperate need of credit counseling but the thing is that he doesn't admit that he has a problem. It is so difficult to make him see that this is not the way to manage his finances, even though he is a manager and drawing quite a big paycheck every month. Actually, I don't really care about him or the trouble he has gotten himself into but like I said, I pity his parents, who are illiterate and doesn't understand what's going on except that their son "owes the bank money".

I am trying to look for a consumer credit counseling service that my cousin could enroll in and hopefully, he can open up his mind to the new ways to manage his finances, particularly his credit card debt. I feel that this is the best I could do for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment