Pottery Workshop At Home | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pottery Workshop At Home

My friend, Warren, told me that he has just converted a room at home into a workshop for his wife. His wife, Amy, used to hand make pottery for sale but seemed to have lost interest lately because she said she did not have a proper place to work after moving into a new home. I fully understand how not having a proper place to work in can be totally distracting!

Actually, I have always wanted to learn how to make pottery, I guess I was influenced by the scene in Ghost, but I never gotten around to learning it. I have been procrastinating in searching for a pottery course in my area. Also, I was afraid that my hands would be even rougher!

Now that Amy is going to start making pottery and ceramic projects for sale since she now has a workshop at home, I am going to take the chance to learn from her. Amy has already told me that I must use lead-free glazes, which are non-toxic. OK, I have to admit that I have no idea there are so many different types of glazes; low fire, high fire, dry glazes, underglazes, overglazes and what not. Amy said that no matter which type I plan to work with, it has to be lead-free.

Well, I may give pottery a pass and work with pottery tile on a ceramic project instead. I can't seem to make up my mind but I believe it will make a great hobby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment