Is There Justification For TNB To Increase Tariff AGAIN? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, December 11, 2009

Is There Justification For TNB To Increase Tariff AGAIN?

I read in the papers and also heard in the news that TNB is seeking to increase electricity tariff beginning next year. I wonder if this is the right time to do so. With the weak economy, the upcoming imposition of credit card and charge card annual service fee, new fuel prices next year, subsidy withdrawal of sugar and GST, we, the ordinary Rakyat, are already feeling the financial strain.

I feel for my friends in Kuala Lumpur where they have to pay toll just to go around the city but even though Ipoh is a relatively cheap place to live in compared to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor Bahru, we are not much better simply for the fact that we earn a lot less. This means that we have lower disposable income.

If you read my blog, you would think that I always have stuff to complain about from credit card annual service fee purportedly to help us in spending more prudently to fuel price hike to end of vehicle life policy but once again, with this proposal by TNB to hike their tariff, I feel that I should make some noise simply for the fact that they are a very profitable company. Why should they seek a hike in tariff? Do the people in TNB know what a financial burden it already is for us to run a household with our meager income that doesn't seem to increase in tandem with the cost of living? Sure, you can say that TNB is a private company but why exactly was it privatized?

0 comments:

Post a Comment