Maxis IPO Closed Today | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Maxis IPO Closed Today

So application for Maxis IPO closed today at 5pm. My friend, who lives in Kuala Lumpur, was able to submit his application at the last minute. Well, it was not by design but he had to open a CDS account first before submitting his application. Imagine the hassle those living in East Malaysia have to face. Submitting their applications by mail would take a whole lot longer than a couple of days. My friend reported that there was a snaking queue at the submission point and after all the stipulations, only one guy was standing by collecting all these application forms. LOL

I only managed to apply for 1000 shares via the blue form and 100 shares online via Maybank2u. I actually wanted to apply for another 100 shares but was denied by the system for "duplicate application" even though I used another CDS account and another Maybank account, though both are linked online. I think I must have forgotten that I previously applied for some IPOs via ATM.

Anyway, all things that involve money very much depend on luck. It's like money has a spirit of its own, don't you think so? I have no idea when balloting is but listing is on 19th Nov, if I remember correctly. But then I was told that this is not a short term stock so one has to hold a little to see profit or to reap dividend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment