Hold or Sell Maxis Shares? | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, November 20, 2009

Hold or Sell Maxis Shares?

If you have been successful in your Maxis IPO and are lucky enough to have invested in Maxis shares at RM4.75, are you planning to hold or sell? On one hand, I'd really like to hold my Maxis shares for a long time until the bull is back in the market but on the other hand, because of limited funds, I am thinking of cashing out early so that I could buy my car or as down payment for an apartment in Kuala Lumpur.

Another thing that I am not happy about is that these shares are in my brother's CDS account and I am not in the best of terms with him. Of course, now he's all chummy with me because the RM5200 is mine but I don't know what will happen between us, especially when our parents are no longer around.

Anyway, I read in the papers that Maxis will only start paying higher dividends in 2011 or 2012. That's a couple of years away. Quite long in a way but then not that long if you look at it in another way. I just hope that Maxis share price will go high up, so high up that it's worth letting go, then we could split the profits 50 - 50 and I can get back my capital.

0 comments:

Post a Comment