Giving Thanks | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Today, 26th November, is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. If you do not know already, it is always celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving Day in October.

Although we do not celebrate it here in Malaysia, it is also a great reminder, to all of us, to give thanks to all that we have. Thanksgiving Day is an exceptionally meaningful day to me and it always makes me pause and say a prayer of thanks for what I have been bestowed upon.

Granted, this year has been exceedingly tough for me because of Snoopy's illness and I am stuck in a situation so terrible that I wouldn't wish the same to happen to anyone, even my worst enemy, but besides Snoopy being ill this way, I am thankful to be able to be here for him, support him physically, medically and financially.

I am thankful that my parents are still fit and they are no cause for me to worry just yet. I wouldn't be able to handle it having to care for both Snoopy and either one of my parents. I am thankful that I am able to earn my keep even with me stuck at home. I guess I could be considered fortunate this way. And I am thankful that I still have a small circle of friends who continue to care for me and support me even if they think that I am stupid to hang on to Snoopy like this.

What else am I thankful for? I guess there are quite a few more, stuff that I take for granted with my days rolling from one into another.

0 comments:

Post a Comment