Purchasing A New Car | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Purchasing A New Car

If you have been following my blog, you would know that I planned to buy my own car. I have a budget of $5000 which is enough to buy a 20-year-old Japanese make car but with the new conditions imposed under the NAP, I have to increase my budget by 50% which would only be good enough to buy a 10-year-old local car.

My friend, Mike, also owns an older car and he says that it is no longer viable to continue using it when the new conditions take effect. He plans to purchase a new car since his car is giving him mechanical problems already anyway. Whilst that would increase his monthly expenses by at least $400, he said that he could cover part of it thanks to the monthly Car Allowance that he receives from his company.

Actually, Mike's job scope qualifies him the use of a company car but since the company is doing away with that, Mike has to use his own car. I told Mike that it's timely that he is replacing his car. After all, when Mike is out meeting clients, he is projecting the image of his company and he can't do that too well driving his older car. With a new car, people would have more confidence in him. This is a materialistic world, whether we like it or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment