Ghost Wedding | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ghost Wedding

The Star ran a report on a wedding between two spirits. It became the top most read article today. Do you think that it's creepy?

As a Taoist, I don't think that it's anything strange but I know that most Westerners would never understand. Well, nobody who has yet to experience spirits or communicated with them would understand.

A marriage between two spirits is not unusual. Sometimes, when a boyfriend and girlfriend are killed together, maybe in an accident or something, the family would also get them married in the other world.

The creepier thing is that sometimes a living being would have to get married to a ghost spirit. It has happened before, though this is not the best of both worlds for either the living being or the dead.

And then there was a guy in India who had to marry a "bitch" [female dog lah!] to ward off his ill luck which was said to be bad karma from the time he killed some dogs or something like that.

What's your opinion on a wedding like this?

3 comments:

molly said...

We never know the truth about the spirit, but i think there's no harm doing something that might be of help for those in the other part of world.
I do give offering outside my house on 14th day in 7th lunar calendar month, that's something i learn recently. I do believe there are something we couldnt see.

TL said...

Hi, I'm looking for a photo of a ghost wedding ceremony for a book I'm working on. Would you mind letting me know where you sourced the photo from? Thank you.

Em said...

It was The Star http://thestar.com.my/

Post a Comment