UMobile In Ipoh | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, August 23, 2008

UMobile In Ipoh

I am thinking of getting a prepaid pack again. It’s because I am now using a shared SIM for my Celcom voice and data subscriptions. While I am thinking of subscribing to Maxis data line and terminating my Celcom data subscription, I understand that Maxis currently has no 3G coverage in my area. Sure, users have told me that there's even 3.5G close to my home but the mobile shop told me that many customers subscribed to a 3G plan only to have to make do with EDGE. Er.... that's not what I want.

So I guess I will have to stick to my Celcom for the time being. However, since I am planning to buy a HSPDA modem to benefit from the 3.5G Celcom Advance that I am subscribed to but my 3G phone, when used as a modem, could not achieve anything more than 3G, I need to buy a dedicated modem.

Anyway, once my SIM card is used as a data card in a modem, I would not be able to use my voice line. So I need a prepaid line as a temporary measure until I am able to move my data line to Maxis. I am not going to separate my Celcom subscriptions now because I would be required to sign on an 18-month plan with Celcom for their data services, which I am reluctant to do.

So, is UMobile Prepaid available in Ipoh and how's the coverage like? Could anyone let me know, please? Thanks! Or would DiGi be cheaper?

0 comments:

Post a Comment