Sarbanes-Oxley Act Sec 404 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sarbanes-Oxley Act Sec 404

My friend, who works in the IT department of his company, told me that he is always under pressure to perform. Lately, there has been an order from management to keep the company's access management solutions to be compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Sec 404, or better known as SOX section 404.

Not only does he now have a new duty to do so, he needs to keep the cost low as well. I don’t know if the company has increased their budget but it's compulsory now to be complaint with SOX and at the same time be effective in meeting the requirements of internal controls for the financial spreadsheets.

I didn’t quite understand what my friend meant but he told me to check out the website of Symark for further details. I’m just glad I’m not responsible for the security of the IT department of MY company!

0 comments:

Post a Comment