Ultra Frustrated! | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, October 19, 2007

Ultra Frustrated!

Last night, I was chatting with my friend about our Symbian Series 60 Nokia phones and we both have the problem with the email notification. The dang phone will not alert her when there is a new email while in my case, I have the sound alert, vibration mode and notification light enabled but only the light will blink. I won't even get the sound or the vibration. Sometimes when I power it off and then turn it back on, it will work, sometimes it will not.

My friend deleted her mailbox to reset it and set up everything from scratch and it worked for her. And she told me to try it out too and hopefully it will work for me as well.

You know, I did as I was advised and guess what? I could not get the Port to save as Default because every time I go and try retrieving my mail, it will assign a number to my Port and that number is incorrect and can't even connect to my mailbox.

I tried doing this the whole night and then ended up can't even access my Messaging folder. Dang it!

In the morning, I tried so many times again and I was thinking of giving up and going to Emoze's PUSH instead. But on the other hand, I am trying not to install too many third party software when there are already such features available.

In the end, I was able to go online to check for an alternative Port number and it worked for me. Dang... wasted soooo much time and getting frustrated over it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment