Spock, The People Search Engine | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Spock, The People Search Engine

Have you heard of the new people search engine at http://www.spock.com?? If you haven't them I thought that you would be interested to know that this is a search engine with contributions by members who would add details of people into its database. Currently, Spock.com is still in its beta stage and most of the people that turn up in search results are celebrities and personalities, like politicians, TV hosts and movie and sports stars but I figured that as the site and membership grow, its database will also grow.

I personally think that this is a very exciting people search engine but at the same time, it could be dangerous and scary too because we never know if there is someone who knows us who contributed some information about us to their database of Spock. From the looks of the huge team behind Spock, this site will only continue to grow and expand.

To try out the search engine, I randomly clicked on the names that were searched on by other users. For example, clicking on Hugh Jackman, we have at the top of the list the actor and film producer and the list is followed by other people with the same name. We can narrow down our relevancy with tags like location and occupation and we can opt to search for profiles with photos only.

My own name turned up six pages of people who are mostly from the United Kingdom and North America. Yes, I was curious to see if I was listed but thankfully I am not since I prefer to keep a low profile.

Do you know what's on my mind? I think that sooner or later, everyone on Earth would be indexed by Spock! Do you think it is possible? I certainly think it is if all of us collaborate and contribute profiles of people we know, starting from ourselves, our family members and our friends.

Now, tell me this is not exciting yet "scary"??

0 comments:

Post a Comment