Size vs. Performance | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Size vs. Performance

I went to check out laptops from a couple of computer shops over the weekend and I think the most I would pay for a laptop is MYR4000. More than that and I would be heartbroken if it is stolen or something bad happens to it. This is not to say that if I forked out less than MYR4000, I would not feel anything but the pain is lesser, of course.

Anyway, with a budget of MYR4000, I am not able to decide if I want a laptop with current specification or one 12.1" screen laptop that is smaller and lighter BUT has a slightly lower specification.

While I would definitely love the portability of the smaller and lighter laptop, what I cannot stand is the sluggish performance of a machine when I fire up a few programs. I am a multi-tasker, what can I say?

Yet, I cannot imagine myself lugging a 2.4kg burden everywhere I go. It would be awkward and one look and everyone would know that I'm carrying a laptop, or at least something expensive. The weight could make me so fed up of carrying it all over town that I will leave it at home and then that defeats the partial reason of getting a laptop, if you know what I mean.

My friend proposes to loan me his Olympus SP 550 camera, and at first I wanted it, then I thought it would be too bulky for me to take it out. I thought I would rather have a compact digital camera that I could keep in my pocket. So if I were to buy the laptop and camera, I would be carrying approximately MYR7000 worth of equipment around: MYR4000 (laptop), MYR1000+ (camera) and MYR1800 (phone) and not forgetting cash and cards.

And I do not carry any bags ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment