What I Think Of Cosmetic Surgery | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, August 10, 2007

What I Think Of Cosmetic Surgery

I mentioned before that I have a friend who is in the beauty line and works closely with plastic surgeons. He even invited me to observe a breast augmentation procedure but I declined. They told me that they will be setting up a mini hospital in Malaysia soon because there are more and more people seeking cosmetic surgeries.

While I believe that we should not get plastic surgeries just for beauty's sake, I am certainly not against people going for such procedures. I understand that there are people who need this to enhance their image and morale and even turn around their insecurities.

Unfortunately, there are such people who need a liposuction before they feel beautiful enough. However, I support people who go for rhinoplasty, cosmetic dentistry or even lasik surgery if they are suffering from a medical condition that could be alleviated with cosmetic surgeries.

In short, there are two aspects to cosmetic surgery. One is for beauty, one is for medical reasons. I will not go for any plastic surgery myself, it is is purely for beauty's sake, unless it's cosmetic dentistry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment