Learn How To Invest Without Risk | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Learn How To Invest Without Risk

As I start to invest into KLSE more actively this year, I recently opened a stock account with a brokerage firm in America in the hopes of investing into American stocks BUT my account has been active for a month now and I am still not confident about investing yet. One thing that is stopping me is the fear of losing, and it will be extremely painful due to the unfavorable currency exchange rate!

My friend Paul, who also dabbles in American stocks, to me that I have to first learn how to invest without the risk by doing trial investments with Vvestor.

When we register with Vvestor, we will be given $100,000 virtual money which we could use to buy and sell and hone our trading skills.

The good is that even though this is virtual money, we could win cash by submitting our guesses for NASDAQ and S&P500 and win $500 cash daily. There's no cost to this. The bad is that this is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada and above 18 years old.

This is another reason for me to move to the United States!! Meanwhile, though, I will have to do some practise runs on Vvestor and invest smartly. Hopefully I can make some pocket money from American stocks since KLSE isn't so friendly lately!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vvestor is all fantasy right?

If you want to play real time quotes but with virtual money, try Investopedia.com

I am playing it though and it's fun (although I am losing money). :-P

Em said...

wah Yee Piao, when will you be playing with real money?

I have an account but dare not take the risk yet lol

Thanks for the heads up on the site. It sounds like fun but Vvestor has a daily contest to win $500.

Unfortunately, we can't participate :-/

Anonymous said...

Wait till I have enough capital to support my portfolio...

USD100,000 maybe... Lolz...

Em said...

whoa that's a lot. Grace Cheng (http://www.gracecheng.com/) says a mini FOREX account at US$250 is sufficient.

Maybe you should try FOREX first lol

Post a Comment