Old Classmates & Reunions | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Old Classmates & Reunions

This morning, I had a chat with my friend Paul. We were talking about class reunions because one of his ex-employees came to New York to attend one and Paul managed to catch up with her after thirteen long years.

Paul and I are one of a kind. We never attended any school reunions once we left school. Some years ago, I came across a local classmate website and I joined so that I could view who from my year has joined. Membership has been pathetic to say the least but it has improved recently. I joined using a moniker and not my real name.

Of course, I came across some of my old school friends who have registered with the website as well. They are all using their real names, leaving email addresses, telephone numbers and web addresses. Since I have used a moniker, nobody was interested to contact me. Besides, I did not leave my contact details there.
Do you think it is mean of me to not keep in touch with my old classmates?

We did have good times when we were still schooling but I am not sure about now. Like the two friends that I met one or two months ago, Wendy and May, we did promise to email each other when we parted but that still did not materialize. The longer I lay off the task, the harder it is to send out a Hello note.

2 comments:

_butt said...

maybe it's time to do it now... you'll never know they might call back to say that they're glad to hear from you again. sometimes it's just a case of 'I wait you call first then only I call'.. *shrugs*

:)

Em said...

_butt lol it's like who will make the 1st move. But then I feel that time really passes by so fast. Sometimes I really do want to write a long mail and not just a short note but since I don't have the time to sit down and compose my thoughts, I didn't bother doing it.

Post a Comment