Without Pet Insurance ...... | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Without Pet Insurance ......

A blog reader read my previous post about spending $10 PER DAY on medication for my little monkey. It shocked him. And this sum doesn't even include special diet and what about my other monkey?

He said that it is a growing trend in North America for pet owners to insure their pets with pet insurance due to the high cost of veterinary treatment. Soon, only the very rich could afford to even keep a pet.

Just about the only thing I regret with my pets is my oversight in not getting them insurance policies and now, at thirteen, it is already impossible to get them insured. Therefore, I am forking out all expenses from my own pocket.

Like I said, it is not that I am complaining but it is no joke juggling all my regular commitments AND this new development in my monkey's health. I dare not imagine what would happen IF there is no pet insurance and I am unable to support them. It would be very painful indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment