My Old School Teacher | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Old School Teacher

The other evening, I met my old school teacher at Jusco. I think she actually lives near my house and in fact, her son is the same age as I am because we attended the same tuition class while we were in secondary school.

Anyway, I bumped into her but I am not sure if she recognised me, since I did not acknowledge her and pretended not to know her at all.

So she was my English language teacher when I was in Form 3 and I was sort of like a teacher's pet because English was my favourite subject.

One day, I brought to school my new large-faced watch that I bought in Penang and co-incidentally, she wanted to know the time and took a look at my watch. She was very angry because she could not make out the time. As she was the then disciplinary teacher, she straightaway passed the rule that we cannot wear fancy watches to school.

As soon as I heard this new ruling, I was pissed off. I know how it stemmed from and from whom. And I was very mad at her because I could not take that watch to school. From that day onwards, I do not like her anymore. That's why I did not acknowledge her in Jusco.

After we passed each other, I told my father that she was my school teacher. My father told me that this lady lived in his neighbourhood when they were school-going children. He even told me her childhood nick name. In fact, she knows my aunt as well.

Argh if I had known her nickname back when she was still my teacher, I would have taunted her with it. Yes, I was very naughty back then and have argued with many teachers before because I always take my stand and never let them step on me or my classmates.

IF I had taunted her with her childhood name, I would have risked getting a tight slap from her but it would be worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment