Sprint's Samsung Upstage M620 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sprint's Samsung Upstage M620

With all the hype over Apple iPhone, it has been such a long wait for it to be released and the wait it still continuing. Meanwhile, Samsung is out with the Upstage available NOW and FREE with any new Sprint subscription. By the way, did you know that Sprint is the only telco company with mobile plans that allow you to receive calls for free no matter which network it is from?

While I too have been one of those people waiting for iPhone, I would like to have a phone cum media player right now. And the
Sprint Upstage combination looks like just the right package for me now, seeing that the iPhone is still not ready and when it is out, it will still be $199.99 after rebates with a new Cingular Wireless account.

The smart shopper in me dictates that I do the right thing!

The Samsung Upstage M620 is an amazing piece of mobile device. On one side it is a full-featured music player like an iPod but on the other side, SURPRISE (!) it is a full-featured mobile phone. This dual personality design is one of its kind even in America. While the iPhone boasts of a vibrant screen, the Upstage has TWO!

I can also use the Upstage as a modem should the need arises and I am not sure if I could do so with the iPhone. I also noticed that the Upstage has advanced voice-activated dialing while the iPhone does not. Moreover, Upstage requires no pre-training.

What I like about the Upstage besides the above, its high speed data downloads enables me to watch Sprint TV and stream music with full-motion video and stereo sound over bluetooth without buffering.

The Apple iPhone has a battery talk time of up to 300 minutes while Samsung Upstage has up to 378 minutes with Included Wallet. All in, the Samsung Upstage is a good phone for those who do not want to wait for the iPhone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment