Losing 5kg in Four Months | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, October 09, 2006

Losing 5kg in Four Months

In America, the average adult, man or woman, is almost as large as a low-cost house in Malaysia. Remember Lionel Richie's "She's a Brick House"? Malaysian kids are catching up. Most look like little oil barrels. Must be the fast food.

Last year, my cousin brother who is not even 20 years old yet, enrolled in a slimming programme, and his mom's pocket was lighter by almost RM4,000. He dropped a few kgs, his mom was so darn happy. Soon, he went back to his "original" size and the money went down the drain.


This is 5kg in weight

Today, I will be writing an account of how I lost 5kg within four months. First of all, I need to stress that I am eating normally, not on a diet and have never felt a need to. I am not seriously ill *touch wood* and am not on long term medication.

Subject - Yours truly
Duration - Four months (since June 2006)
Original weight - 51kg
Current weight - 46kg
Cost: FREE

If you have been reading this blog, you'd know that I have been complaining like a broken record that I don't have time for anything. Even before June, 2006 when my monkey fell ill, I already had my hands full with work.

Once my monkey fell ill, extra stress started to pile on me. I had a bout of gastric, which was cured with sticks of Rolaids which I bought from the US (I can't find it in Malaysian pharmacies) and large doses of honey and Glucolin. I also had bouts of flu which took me a long time to recover from. I wrote about these episodes in my previous posts as well.

On the home front, I am the primary care giver to my sick monkey, the fat one, the one who has always been sickly since young. Last month, my other monkey was sick as well. So, I have to take care of not one, but two sick monkeys. Their medicine is all over my table. I have to remember who eats which pills, what dosage and at what time.

In the office, I have to take care of work on three computers. I have to use three because they are in different departments. Every day is OT OT OT. I am not paid extra so I just wish they will tell me, "You're fired!"

Playing hooky is useless because I'll have to catch up on work. Sometimes I just feel like screaming, "STOP delegating work to me!"

Every night, or is it morning, I go to bed at 3am and wake up at 7am. Like my friend told me, "Damn dreams also not here yet!"

Many years ago when I still could read leisurely, I read that Margaret Thatcher and Adolf Hilter only managed 4 hours of sleep a night when they were in office. So, one can really survive with that few hours of sleep, but then they were not awakened by cries or whines and they definitely need not wake up at ungoldly hours between 3 am ~ 7am to wipe urine or shit. On one particularly bad morning, cleaning up took a full hour.

As you can see, I am so very tired, I could fall asleep standing up, like a chicken, which I actually did quite a number of times. And sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating, can't breathe, lack of air... oh wait... it's the haze!

I don't feel like meeting anyone more than necessary when my eyebags require a ton of make up to conceal and I look like a witch with my hair down to my waist because I couldn't find time to get a decent haircut.

With all these on my plate, I have no, no, no, no social life. Zero, none, zilch, nada.

I lost weight, but I didn't say that I'll be in shape or that I'll look pretty doing it. In fact, I look damn haggard now, short-tempered and have been cussing alot. ALOT. ALOT and ALOUD.

I do not recommend this solution to anyone who wants to lose weight. This post is for recording purposes only.

2 comments:

_butt said...

Maybe if you could squeeze a little 'ME' time every day.. it will keep you happy and shape-ly at the same time! ^^

Em said...

Squeezed already, from 3am ~ 7am :D

Post a Comment