Oowww Oxy Burnt My Skin | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Monday, June 12, 2006

Oowww Oxy Burnt My Skin

I followed Dan of Acne.org's advice of applying acne cream on the whole face and neck and it worked.... well, sort of.

Dan says one needs to apply on the neck as well because if only the face area is applied, the acne will start popping out in the neck area. It's sort of like the acne running away from the acne cream. Yes, some might pop out along the hairline too.

Mind you, not any ol' acne cream will work, but only those with the ingredient
Benzoyl Peroxide.

Dan says to use only those with 2.5% or maximum 5% of Benzoyl Peroxide as 10% would be too strong.

I've been using
Neutrogena On-the-Spot with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It's very expensive, MYR17+ (after discount!) for a minuscule tube of 21g!

So I changed to Oxy5 (5%
Benzoyl Peroxide) which was selling at MYR8+ (after discount) for a larger tube of 25g. Wahhh what a price difference. Oxy smells better too.

For the first few applications, I was OK, but now my face feels tight and red and swollen. My neck is so ugly and itchy I keep scratching it like a monkey myself!

I don't know if my neck will ever recover. I might have to wear turtle-necks forever and in this heat, I might end up suffocating, or at least suffer from heat stroke.

And then I'll only have myself to sue (follow American culture mar)

Sigh so I guess it's either to burn myself by using cheaper Oxy or burn my pocket by using the more expensive but milder Neutrogena On-the-Spot :-/

0 comments:

Post a Comment