Aiya I've Been Booked .... | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Aiya I've Been Booked ....

.......... by my friend to attend his house warming party in two years' time!

You may wonder why two years from now... because he hasn't even started to build his bungalow. It's still in planning and waiting for approval from the relevant authorities!

The building is only expected to begin at the end of this year, and building a bungalow takes at least eight to twelve long months and then some time is required for furnishing it.

The house warming party is only scheduled some time in late 2007 or early 2008. That's a looooong way from now.

I'm the type of person who lives one day at a time and I don't even know what will happen tomorrow, let alone in two years' time. Maybe by then he & I would have gotten into a big fight and become sworn enemies. Maybe a slight misunderstanding also would cause our friendship to be
estranged like this. Guys are, after all, siew hei gwais (small gas ghosts).

Aiya I headache la... if I were to attend, what gift can I get him? He already has everything that he wants. He's a millionaire, for goodness sake.

I can't get him a personal gift, as it's not his birthday. A house-warming is a family thingy. Get something for the house then? He is gonna furnish it with imported stuff, my budget doesn't allow me to match that.

I need ideas. Can anyone help? I'm desperate ...... need to start saving money from now on .........

0 comments:

Post a Comment