Teresa Teng 邓丽君 | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Friday, October 22, 2010

Teresa Teng 邓丽君

My dad has been asking me to look for Teresa Teng music for him. Although I have heard about Teresa Teng before, growing up, I have never followed her music, probably because I don't read Chinese so whatever Chinese songs that I know are songs that I listen to on radio occasionally and recommended by friends sometimes.

Researching Teresa Teng discography, I was quite surprised that she sang quite a number of Japanese songs. I knew that she sang in Mandarin. She was Taiwanese, after all, and the only song I know of hers was "The Moon Represents My Heart" and I also know that she sang some Cantonese and English songs, though I have yet to listen to any of these.

These couple of days, I have listened to quite a number of her Japanese songs and they do sound so nice even though I may not understand Japanese at all! I could "feel" the music even if I am unable to read the title of the tracks! I think I'll be making a trip to older record stores in the city and see if there are any old Teresa Teng albums for sale.

0 comments:

Post a Comment