Wedding Planning | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wedding Planning

A friend of mine left his cozy job as the director of a department in a leading hotel, to set up his own wedding planning company. I have no idea why he did that, and I had predicted that he would soon close his company and return to work in the hotel industry. However, it has been more than two years now, and he is still loving every minute of his new job. Could it be because he is his own boss now? It's highly possible!

I ran into him a couple of days ago, and he told me that he has now expanded his business to include themed dinners, corporate functions and parties, just to name a few other services, in addition to his original wedding dinners. As such, he is investing a lot more into his business to keep up with the demand. Daniel, also told me that he is looking to buy wholesale flowers at an even better price, because his current supplier of wholesale flowers isn't giving him a good enough discount. Well, I don't know about that, but mentioned a place I knew of called globalrose.com and suggested that he see products here, to see if this is something that might be suitable for him. 

I recently attended a wedding dinner where the bridal bouquets were extremely well done, so I took some pictures which I plan to show Daniel. Maybe he could emulate something like them for some of his themed wedding dinners, it's aways great to get new ideas. Wedding couples these days are a lot more demanding than a few generations ago. I remember when couples were just happy to get married, and they could not afford any frills. All they wanted was to become man and wife have the legal papers to prove it.

Friends in my generation focus a lot more attention on their wedding and in addition, to their wedding reception. They say it's a "once in a lifetime" experience, which could be true in some cases. But then again, maybe I am just being pessimistic! Nevertheless, it's my generation that is helping my friend's business to proper! Which I'm sure he's grateful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment