New Coat Of Paint | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Coat Of Paint

My house needs a new coat of paint and my father is proposing that we do the work ourselves. We asked for a couple of quotations from painters some time back, and we felt the rates are too exorbitant. Perhaps it's so near to New Year? Everyone wants to put their homes in order before the New Year arrives. 

We do have enough people at home to do it, but just not enough time. I should take a few days off work to help out. On one hand, we would be saving cost, I would be away from work and it would be a good family bonding time. It had been a long time since we spent time together. 

A friend told us that nowadays, people are using dry ice blasting to remove mold and old paint from walls. Seriously, I am a little skeptical and wonder if this can be done on houses. However, I do love the fact that the walls are left dry and clean without residues of detergents, like what would happen if we were to use water jet. 

I have been looking for dry ice blasting rental but my father prefers to buy. He said that he has a lot of use for dry ice blasting after this painting project, so it's more viable to buy. Now, we are on the look out for dry ice blasting equipment for sale instead.

We are not in a hurry to get our equipment yet as we don't have leave off work until December and January. Besides, we need to time our leave well so that everyone will be around at the same time to work on repainting the house.

Anyway, I see products here at this website that would help us. I just need to decide which suits us more, and also to set aside some budget for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment