Delayed Retirement | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Delayed Retirement

I read a news report recently that said that we need at least $1 million saved up before we can even consider retiring. That is certainly tough. No wonder many people are still working even though they are in their 70s. By the age of 55, most people only have about $200K saved up, and that is not enough with today's rate of inflation.

My uncle, who worked as a radiographer at a government hospital, had to take up a job at a private hospital once he retired. Now that his contract has expired, he continues to look for Radiologic Technician Jobs, though not successful yet.

Even though I am still a long way from retirement age, I worry about whether I can retire comfortably or not, at the rate I am earning. I guess this is a global problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment