Taking Action | ** An Anonymous Journal **

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taking Action

If you have been reading my blog over the past couple of years, you would know that I feel as if I am in a rut since my dog died after a lengthy illness where I spent every day caring for him. Even though he has died for more than a year, I still feel that I am unable to pull myself out of the depressive mode.

When he was ill, I dreamt of all the places that I could visit, the many things that I could finally do, which I was not able to do or go away for long because of the poor health of my pets. Now that I am finally free, I am not able to move. It’s called inertia, I believe.

My friend told me this morning that I am not the only one who is in this situation. He said that everyone who is in the same boat as I am has one problem - the failure to take action. Obviously, it's easier said than done: taking action rather than sitting around and waiting for an opportunity to come up.

But I want to, from now on, consciously make an effort to act on things. To ACT upon, rather than seeing life drift past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment